Admission Requirement for M.Eng
- Prerequisite Degrees: An applicant to the Graduate School must hold a Bachelor’s Degree or a comparable degree/diploma in Engineering, Science, Information Technology, Computer Science, or other related Areas before being allowed to enroll in M.Eng. program in Electrical and Computer Engineering.
- GPA: GPAs of our admitted applicants are generally above 3.0/4.0.
- English Language Test: The graduate school does not require TOEFL from students of English native speaker countries. Students whose undergraduate institute is not from an English speaking country will be required to demonstrate their English language proficiency by taking TOEFL test or a comparable English language test. The minimum TOEFL score as set by the Graduate School is 68 iBT or 190 CBT or 520 PBT. However, TOEFL score could be exempted for students graduated from an English-taught program.
- Qualifications 1-3 may be exempted for applicants who show capacity for advanced academic work and potential for scholarship depending on admission committee’s discretions.
Materials/Credentials Required in Submitting a Completed Application
- Applicant’s CV: a CV should include all information regarding academic and professional achievements, a list of technical skills, a list of publications, and etc.
- Degree Certificate and Transcripts: One degree certificate and official transcript from all undergraduate colleges/universities attended are required. If they are not mailed directly from the college/university, they should be enclosed in sealed envelopes signed by the college/university. If the transcripts and/or degree certificates are not in English, notarized English translations in duplicate must accompany them.
- Research Proposal: One research proposal is required for the admission. The proposal must at least provide the committee an outline of the entire research process, including a summary of research problem and proposed solution, objective, scope, methodology, and expected outcomes.
- Personal Statement: A personal statement must be submitted to the committee for a consideration.
- Letters of Recommendation: A minimum of two letters of recommendation are required from individual best suited to assess the applicant’s quality of academic performance and ability to perform scholarly research. The letters should be enclosed in sealed and signed envelopes.
- TOEFL: One official TOEFL score must be provided to the Graduate School with the minimum scored stated previously.
- GRE: GRE General Test is not required for the admission, but the Graduate School recommends submitting it if possible.
- Students applying for Partial/Full tuition waiving need to submit an additional scholarship statement. Please see the guide line for the statement in Scholarship Statement section.
- Interview: An admission interview may be conducted on-site or by phone according to suggestion form the Graduate School committees.
For international students, all application and supporting document MUST be submitted at least FOUR MONTHS
before the semester beginning date.
For Thai students, all application and supporting document MUST be submitted at least ONE MONTH before the semester beginning date.
The Admissions Committee reviews the academic record, English test scores, letters of recommendation and work experience to assess each applicant’s candidacy compared to the overall pool of applicants. Selected candidates will pass through to the interview process. Members of the Admission Committee will interview the candidates based on their research interest, work experience, and their willingness to pursue the Master or Doctoral degree. Research interest/proposal forms will be provided for the candidates to fill out.
All Materials/Credentials Required in Submitting a Completed Application must be submitted directly to:
The ECE Admission Team
The Graduate School, School of Engineering, Bangkok University,
9/1 Moo 5 Phaholyothin Road, Khlong Nung, Khlong Luang District, Pathum Thani 12120
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Tel: +66 (0) 2 902 0299 Ext. 2620